While lung disease cannot be cured, it can be controlled, and improve a person's quality of life.
Our program benefits pulmonary patients with:
- Restrictive lung disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pre- and post-lung surgery candidates
If you or a family member suffers from one of these conditions, you can make many changes to improve your health, such as changes in diet, exercise and smoking habits.
Through our pulmonary rehabilitation program, we will help you make those changes by providing:
- Supervised exercise training
- Respiratory care instruction
- Smoking cessation and nutritional counseling
- Psychosocial support
- Oxygen therapy and education
Gateway Regional Medical Center has been committed to providing premier pulmonary care for our patients. Under the guidance of the:
- Medical director
- Registered nurses who are ACSM certified exercise specialists
- Respiratory therapists
- Registered dietitian
In addition, you will continue to remain in the care of your primary physician who will receive monthly reports of your progress.
All programs are:
- Safe and supervised
- Provide ongoing education
- Assist our patients to make appropriate lifestyle changes
- Help patients learn how to slow or halt the progression of heart disease
Our professionals can assist you in acquiring a physician's referral for the program.
Medicare and most major insurances cover at least 80 percent of program costs.
Call 618-798-3659 or Contact Us.
Gateway Regional Medical Center also offers the Better Breathers Support Group for people with lung disease and those who care for them. This educational and social group meets monthly. For more information about The Better Breathers Club visit Health Calendar and Events.