We want to keep you as safe as possible during your stay with us. Falls are the most common injuries. Often illness, medications, weakness/dizziness and the new surroundings can increase your risk of falls.
Please consider the following tips to hel
p prevent a fall while you are hospitalized. Let nurses know if you have had a fall in the past.
- Call the staff to assist you in getting out of bed by using your call light.
- Put on your shoes or non-skid slippers when you get up. Socks can be very slick.
- Use the grab bars on the bathroom walls. If necessary, use the pull string in the bathroom when finished, so the staff can help you up and back to bed.
- Use the handrails in the halls as appropriate.
- Ask the nurses to leave the nightlights/bathroom lights on for you.